We are currently recruiting for a Timber Mould Maker at the House of Waterford Crystal.
Liaising with the design team, the successful candidate will craft and shape wooden blocks into blow moulds for crystal production. The role will also make and monitor the usage of wooden tooling such as blocks, pitch, etc and occasionally repair pallets, boards, etc.
Major Activities & Responsibilities will include:
• Produce and hand craft wooden moulds / templates for crystal pieces in addition to making required tooling for hot-end crystal production.
• Demonstrate skills to watching visitors and explain processes, engage with and encourage dialogue with visitors, inviting and answering questions.
• Adhere to all health & safety rules and guidelines to ensure safety of self, others, contractors and visitors.
• Perform other tasks/duties in own or other areas that fall within the remit of an individual’s competency to ensure that a flexible working environment is achieved.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience working with wood or wood turning would be a distinct advantage.
• Demonstrate an innate ability and skill to work with wood.
• An ability to plan and organise work, solve problems and work as part of a team.
• A willingness to learn and keen interest in wood and crystal.
• An appreciation of health, safety & environmental procedures and good housekeeping.
• Good work practices including time keeping, tidiness, responsibility and quality awareness.
To apply, email your CV to [email protected] (quoting job title) before Tuesday 6th November 2018.